Friday, April 13, 2007

Ah, playoffs...

I freakin love this time of year. What is it that makes the playoffs so great?

Why am I checking my schedule to make sure I will be home to see as many games a possible, when my team isn't even in it? Why will I sit on my couch for 6 hours, flipping back and forth between games...wait, do I have picture in picture capability on my tv? I don't know the answers, I don't know what makes the playoffs so great.

The intensity of play dramatically changes (see Game One of Sens/Pens). The teams play each other night after night, and try to adjust their game accordingly.

I am not going to get crazy analyzing it, but let's just say I am happy to have two more months of hockey to watch.

Go Sabres! Go Ducks! What happens when the final comes down to these two teams? Who do I cheer for then?

6 comments:

  1. "go Sabres?!"

    I'm breaking up with you. This relationship can't work. It's not me, it's you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know, believe me, I hate myself for liking them. It is not that I don't like the Isles, it is just that I am somehow drawn to the Sabres.

    Your boy DiPietro might just win me over though...he was outstanding on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say, 'Go Pens go!' but then realized that this was indeed a Flyers blog. ;)

    I agree with you, though: probably Sabres/Ducks. I'd LIKE to say Penguins, and really, anything can happen, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would tell you that I am actully rooting for the Pens, but I don't want to offend any Sens fans. Margee already broke up with me due to my Sabres love...I can't take much more heartache this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've packed up your things and left them with my doorman. You can pick them up while I'm at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, well if you don't want more heartache, being a Pens fan might not be a good idea. We seem to get a lot of it...but sometimes it all turns out good! (example: 1991, 1992)

    ReplyDelete