Thursday, August 16, 2007

Crickets and mums


Well, the crickets in my yard have started their incessant/annoying chirping. They are so loud that it sometimes sounds like they are in the house. And sometimes, they actually are in the house!

Yesterday, on my way in to work, I saw the mums that we sell every year. At this time of year. Mid to late August.

The crickets and the mums are a sure sign that summer is winding down and fall is fast approaching.

In 30 days, I can watch the Flyers play the Devils in preseason action. In 29 days, I can buy single game tickets. In 24 days I can watch the rookies at another training camp. In 29 days I can watch the big boys take the ice for camp.

I've never been so happy to hear those crickets and see those mums!

2 comments:

  1. Every morning there is (the same) cricket in my house. I can't find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I really thought this one was outside, but when I arrived home from work today, my bf informed me I was wrong. He told me the tale of how he hunted it down and released it back into the wild. Now it is nice and quiet here again!

    ReplyDelete