Thursday, August 9, 2007

Putting asses in the seats

So there has been a lot of talk about how the Briere deal is not an especially smart one for Philly.

Well duh.

I totally agree that Briere is overpaid and will likely lose value over the course of the 275 years he has signed for. But I don't care. At all.

Briere is gonna put asses in the seats, and after last year's *ahem* dismal season, the Flyers need that. Also, the fans (okay, me) should be rewarded for sticking with the team through last season. And I don't care that we broke the bank to do it. Briere is an exciting player and his signing has already generated more interest in the team.

So there.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, my team showed that when the asses stop coming into the seats..you just buy the player out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if Briere can get me to come watch non-Pens Flyer games, they're obviously doing something right.

    Of course Briere is much less fun without the Miller appendage.

    (Or did Miller have a Briere appendage?)

    ReplyDelete