Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The hand of God...

AP Photo/Tom Mihalek

I have developed this bad habit of sleeping during the games. I fall asleep somewhere towards the end of the first and start to wake up with about 4 minutes left in the third (just about the time the crowd starts getting noisy if it looks like the Flyers are going to win). If it is a home game, I usually hear when the goals are scored.

On Saturday, during the Bruins game, I woke up to the sounds of Jim Jackson calling the play. I though to myself, "It kinda sounds like the Bruins are putting a lot of press-" Oh shit the Bruins scored. Flyers then went on to lose in OT.

Tonight's game was pretty much the same: fall asleep, hear the goal horns while sleeping, wake up towards end of game. I could hear the crowd starting to get cheer-y. And once again, listening to the play by play, it sounded like Atlanta was gonna score. And then they did.

I jumped up and grabbed the remote, ready to change the channel, but Rod told me not to. "But Rod, I can't handle it if they tie it up. I'll just kill myself." (I'm starting to get a bit dramatic about these things...)

And the Flyers almost fucked it up again. The hand of God came down and pushed Nitty into postion and he somehow accidentally kept that last goal from going in.

Now the question is, why the fuck was Kovalchuk standing right in front of a wide open net?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm not sure this Flyers thing is the thing for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment