Friday, September 19, 2008

C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me...


I'm really trying to get back in the swing of things guys, I really am. But honestly, I've been enjoying this vacation from hockey and blogging and I have been dragging my feet. Heck, if the Pensblog has burnt out a bit and they are the masters, what chance do I have?

I got my season ticket booklet last week, which was enough to energize me for a day, but then reality set and I realized I have to go to 42 games this year. That's a lot of games yo! In 2006-2007 I did something like 56 games between the Phantoms and Flyers and roadtrips, and let me tell you, it nearly killed me! Being at the games is not so bad, but the whole process is a pain. For a 7pm start, I have to leave my house around 4 or 4:30 to avoid the bulk of the traffic. I get to the arena around 5:30 or 6:00 and go to my seats on the ice for warmups. Then the game and the traffic-y drive home. All in all, it's about a 7 hour deal. I know, poor Kristin, I feel so bad for you because you have to go to all the Flyers games. WAH!

What else is going on in Flyers land? Bad news for Steve Eminger: he has been given the number 26, so he may as well just pack it in now. Nitty is out and we get JS Aubin, the goalie who can't compete with Ryan Miller in a yo mama contest. Our slogan this year is Hungry For More, inviting more fat Philadelphian jokes than we already get.

Richie gets the C, which is good for him but for surprising for me. I truly thought that he would turn it down, because he is so "team team team" all the time. I hope it doesn't mess with his head as the letter C sometimes does with folks. Poor Cookie Monster, he gets crazy over the letter C...

2 comments:

  1. hungry for more - haha oh man....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, "Hungry for more"?!?! I see predict some pretty horrible (yet funny?!?!) fat girls in Flyers jerseys used against us this year! haha.

    ReplyDelete