Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Poor Kevin Weekes


He's never gonna see any action after last night's game. I actually felt kinda bad for him. It's not like the Flyers were shellacking him, but you could see his chances to play in the regular season fade away after that second goal.

Last night was the first night in my new seats. They're okay. We discovered that we have a yeller in front of us. The kind who waits until it's quiet right before the anthem and then yells "DEVILS SUCK!" at the top of his lungs. If you heard that last night, just know that guy sits directly.in.front.of.me. Happy happy joy joy. Other words of wisdom from his yelly-ness: "HOLIK SUCKS!" and "SOMEBODY KILL HOLIK." It's gonna be a long season folks.

The game itself was typical preseason fare: Rod compared it to Mites on Ice, and I couldn't argue.

best line of the night: After I complained about a Flyer passing to a Devil, Rod said "at least it was tape to tape...."

No pictures, since I didn't feel like lugging my gear to a preseason game. Plus, we skipped warmups. I'll have pictures from Saturday's Spectrum game, which I found out last night is at 1 pm. Oops!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, the Mites on Ice is usually one of my favorite parts of going to Caps games, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Section 202?

    that's where my seats are and we have one of those yellers as well. But he doesn't usually come to preseason games...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you have one too yobiebs? I am in 223, so pretty close. Maybe they know each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, he's been there for as long as I've had my seats (which is since that placed opened). His favorite line is "DIE RANGERS DIE!!!!" But at least he usually does it before each period and not as much during the actual gameplay

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should take lots of pictures. So I can go to hockey games vicariously through you. :(

    ReplyDelete