Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thanks, Braceface!


Um, yeah. My Braceface does not look like this. At all.


I was at work yesterday, and a frequent customer of mine stopped by for her usual. I hadn't seen her in a while, so we made some small talk. She asked if I was going anywhere on holiday, and I told her I was headed to Montreal in June. She asked if I was going with anyone, and I said "I'm meeting a few friends there." She said, "You have friends?"

Ouch, Braceface. She didn't mean it in a mean way, so I didn't take it too hard. In fact, it sorta made my day, because it was just so funny and so brutally honest. She wanted to know if my friends were from around here, and I told her no, they were from all over....New Jersey, Canada, the West Coast. She said, "Oh. I'm looking for some friends."

Poor Braceface. I have to call her Braceface because she is a 30 year old woman with braces, and she's not quite pulling it off. Plus, she used to be mean so we had to give her an evil nickname.

So, friends, just 6 short weeks left until the draft. Who's gonna be there? I'm hopefully getting there Thursday night, and leaving on Sunday. No news on draft tickets yet, but I know y'all will keep me posted. I do have a backup plan in place in case I can't get tickets the usual way, more on that if it becomes necessary.

Happy Saturday to y'all, and look for the return of metal mania soon!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, that is mean... Pooh... Oh well, you get to come here and see the Islanders get Tavares and have a great time here (provided we actually get some nice weather *coughs*)

    Which brings me to the question I've been dying to ask: So you are coming here??????! I sent you a tweet last night about it. Apparently Wings have a better chance of drafting Tavares than I do of being able to be there in person to see the draft (too bad, I wanted to boo Bettman), but there is talk about a tweetup that day. Not sure of any of the details of it yet but I'm trying to persuade some other people from outside the city to come too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your tweet but too many other tweets had gone by for me to answer. I will definitely try to make it to the tweetup, and you will have to try to make it to other non-tweet events.




    (Steve is going to love this whole comment about tweeting and tweetups!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thereeeeeee. Because I am awesome. And I have someone keeping an eye on tickets and thus far they haven't went up for grabs yet.

    My family is like "you're going alone?" "erm, sorta?" "ok whatever..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo Draft party~ I too want to boo Bettyman and wear my Winnipeg Jets t-shirt just in case I run into the little elf. But Draft Day is about as exciting as a graduation ceremony... The tweetup should be fun though. When/Where is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no clue when/where the tweetup thingy is. I'm assuming it'd be the first day of the draft thingymabobbit because nobody really cares about the other rounds and I'm also assuming that it will be nearby the Bell Center....

    That's a lot of assumptions...I shall poke the appropriate people about it and see what we can do =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh here is a the twitter twtvite thingy. Details will be put on there as they become available but this thing should be the place where all the semi-official info will be.

    http://twtvite.com/d44i5a

    ReplyDelete