Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Remember, Homer is a genius. Flyers sign Emery.

Yeah, so there is gonna be a press conference at the SkateZone at 11 today, but the Flyers are already announcing that they have come to terms on a contract with goaltender Ray Emery. Somewhere, Marty Biron is crying into his Flyers mask.

Flyers bloggers and journalists everywhere are bracing themselves for the golden material they are going to be able to work with over the next year.

Before we bash this idea, as I have been doing with all the Flyers fans at work, let's just take a moment to think about this. We already know that Paul Holmgren is a genius. His deal to get Timonen and Hartnell here was pure gold. Right? I think we can all agree that (on paper) his work during the 2007 Free Agent Season was brilliant. Sure, Briere didn't really work out, but for the most part, it's been a pretty good retooling. (We'll just ignore the bonehead moves that put the team over the cap and sent the glue in the lockerroom to Phoenix in exchange for a bag of pucks, err, Daniel Carcillo.)

I don't know much about the Em, other than that he dresses like a P-I-M-P and that's alright with me. I will be giving Homer and Emery the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Also, if this move is any indication, I think Homer is gonna be outta control crazy once July 1st hits (or sooner, as is his custom!)

2 comments:

  1. Just don't try to force him to wear a hat he doesn't want to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad for Marty. Did I just say that out loud? Damn. But it's true. Poor, poor Squeaky Marty...

    ReplyDelete