Friday, January 26, 2007

Quackers

Tonight, it is Phantoms vs. Baby Pens. It is also "tribute to old time hockey night" where the players will be wearing special jerseys and auctioning them off after the game. I have been looking forward to this game all season. Sure, I have a game worn jersey from last season, but it is not one of the special ones. Last season, they had a St. Patrick's Day jersey, and everytime I see the woman who has the Eager jersey, I want to tackle her and steal it. I have dubbed this woman "Shamrock Eager" and she is at every game, just like me. I am jealous because it combines my two favorite things...the color green and Ben Eager.

Anyhoo, back to tonight's jersey. I have been trying to decide all season which player's jersey I will try to get. It comes down to Reid, Munroe or Grenier (in that order). But then I saw pictures of the jerseys released earlier this week. Yikes:


The players better make these jerseys look damn good, because I hate wearing orange and with the font they used, it looks like the jersey says "Quackers".

In other game day news:
  • Leighton is still down with the Phantoms, but now on the transaction list, they are calling it "Conditioning loan from Philadelphia (NHL)." On Wednesday it just said loan. Hmm
  • I'm hoping for at least one fight tonight. It's been awhile since anyone really went, and it seems like Bonvie has had a pretty busy week, so keep your fingers crossed.
And wish me luck bidding on those quackers jerseys...

No comments:

Post a Comment