Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Do you like blurry pictures?

I hope so, because I suck at taking pictures of hockey boys. I took about 155 pictures and got 3 that are worth posting. No Lie. We'll get to the pictures later. First things first.

I went to the scrimmage between the Flyers and Capitals rookies today (essentially a Phantoms/Bears game). A few quick notes about that:

1. If you want a spot on the glass, get there early, bitches! Look, I drive about an hour to get there and I got there at 3:20. The scrimmage starts at 4. Therefore, I get a spot on the glass. If you get there at 4:20, you do not get a spot on the glass. If you get there at 4:20, just turn around and go home.

2. If you do get there late, don't try to squeeze in. I will step on your feet.

3. I am in love with Karl Alzner.

4. Downie was nearly unrecognizable, as he has grown a mountain man mustache and beard.

5. Patrick Maroon is so klutzy and so talented at the same time. How can it be?

6. There appears to be a new Flyers blog written by a chick. Whoa. Stop the presses. This event deserves a post of its very own!!!

That's all for now, I will post the pictures later...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the prop! I've written a blog before, but not about hockey. (And I had to abandon the poor thing.)

    Truth be told, yours - and the other Hloggers - inspired me because I felt the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome flyers.femme

    I am hearing that Giroux looked good, and that he put some weight on and his skating improved. How do you see it?

    What about Cote? Does he look like he can handle the job of enforcer?

    What are your thoughts on the Rathje situation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying the Heat,

    Just saw your post here today. Sorry for the delay! Here are my impressions.

    Giroux: Solid contributions during the Super Series. Important that Coach Stevens specifically mentioned him in interviews today about the Clarke Cup.

    Cote: Reserving opinion. I just don't know where I stand on this one yet. He has a great work ethic, and I feel that's probably the most important thing any athlete can have.

    Rathje: I'm a sucker for come-backs. I've seen amazing things happen with surgery related to the nervous system and spinal column region. But I don't know how he'll fit in with our cap situation, especially if he breaks for too much of the season.

    Just my opinions, and admittedly not the best ones available...because I know WAY MORE about goalies than any other position on the team.

    ReplyDelete