Tuesday, September 18, 2007

OMG! Another flyers blogger! And she is a girl!!!

Okay, so I am totally ripping off Margee's SportSquee Featured Fangirl feature. But come on, this is big news...another female Flyers blogger. It is a momentous occasion! (No offense to Danny, Mike, or Enjoying the Heat).

After I came to (I had passed out upon hearing that there was another Flyers chick blogger), I decided I needed to ask her some totally random questions, HLOG style. So without further ado, let me introduce flyers.femme!!!

1. You like the Flyers. WHA?!? How the heck did that happen?

It's all my family's fault. My brother started playing and the whole family was sucked into it. But there was no going back afterward.

As for the Flyers, I like them because they've always seemed to do well, they had some really funny guys on the roster, and they had ron hextall in the crease.


2. You've got a thing for goalies. You can't have Michael Leighton. Who is your current favorite goalie?

I'm going with our new starting goalie, Martin Biron. I think it's his turn to shine (finally!) after having to shadow Hasek and Miller in Buffalo. Plus, have you heard that guy? He's hilarious. Marty's a talker and I really wish I could get a live feed during games!

(BTW, after we acquired him late last season, Stevens just about killed me every time he put Nittymaki in the crease against the Pens. Antero is stung by them every time, so what was the deal? Ugh!)

3. Why do the ladies have such a thing for goalies?

I can't speak for others, but I like them because I lived with one for so long...my brother. I have an insider's perspective on how nuts that job is on the ice.

I mean, game-in and game-out, those guys put themselves on the line to make their team succeed. Also, they're part of the team but separate from everyone else.

And on a squee-note, have seen them doing their stretches? (I don't have to say anything else about that, do I? I mean, it's completely obvious!) (Editor's note: When I took my friend to her first hockey game, she saw the goalie doing his stretches and said "I bet goalies get all the girls..")

4. How do you get through the off season?

Barely. Thank god for youtube.com.

5. Howard Stern or Opie and Anthony?

With this choice, I'm taking O & A. I can't stand Stern anymore.

6. Favorite place to be for Flyers games?

Wachovia Center. I like the nose-bleed seats because you can see the whole ice and catch any "additional" play away from the puck.

7. Why do you hate the Eagles?

I don't hate the Eagles, I just don't like American football. In addition to being a hockey family, we all played soccer. Plus, sorry to tattle, but they did lose some of my respect when they booted Trotter - he's a hockey fan. (Editors' note: this was a trick question, I was just trying to get you to say you hated the Eagles. God, how I hate the Eagles!)


8. Most squeeworthy players in the NHL? (The players that bring out your inner puck bunny, no matter how hard you try to push said puck bunny back in!)

Ooooh, the Holy Grail question! (Shamelessly being coy here...) I'm actually writing a post about this, so be watching flyers.femme for details and pics over the weekend. It will include current players, but also some classics as well.

9. Anything else we need to know about you?

I'm going to crack that pink merchandise thing yet! I have a message into one of the NHL team's PR directors to see what I can find out and share with all of the annoyed/ pissed/offended non-puck bunny fans.

So there you have it: a smart, articulate, female hockey fan! Be sure to check out her blog!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for recognition, and your insight to the game.

    If you go to hockeybuzz and read the Devils' blogger recap of the game, you would think that he was talking about a totally different game.

    I never realized goalie / ladies thing. Check out my link of my Flyers stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had to hear it here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, it's the goalies. I sorta fell in love with one of the Caps' BebbeGoalies over the weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, I dont have my flyers blog anymore, since I created it, Im going to put all my blogging time into The Battle of Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete