Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Habs fans rule!


Hello Habs fans, and welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere! I was all set to jump on the Habs bandwagon, but alas, my team surprised me by making it to the playoffs and not being eliminated in the first round. How dare they! By moving on to the second round, my 300 dollar a day hockey habit is not going to end. Grrrr!

Anyhow, the place is kind of a mess, since I've been watching so much hockey lately and turning tricks at night to pay for the tickets. The things we'll do for hockey, right?

I'm not the funniest Flyers blog around, that honor belongs to that crazy motherfucker Ryan. And I'm not the stat-iest blog around. I don't know who that honor would belong to, since Flyers fans can't count, right?

My claim to fame is "longest continuously operational Flyers blog." And yeah, even that is self-proclaimed. There might be one out there that has been around longer, but I doubt it. A season in the basement will crush most blogger's spirits, but not mine! I thrived on losing, and to this day have trouble believing when we win. I'm still waiting for them to overturn that goal in the 2nd period last night and send the Caps to the next round.

Habs fans and Flyers fans have one thing in common....they love to hate. I am impressed with the consistency and tenacity of Habs fans, especially in their booing of hated players. There is not one second that Briere or Chara has the puck that they are not being loudly booed by Montreal fans. That is impressive! Philly fans are getting there on the booing scale...we have Crosby and Ovie down pat, but man, to be able to boo like a Habs fan, that is something we all aspire to! (Really, I'm not being sarcastic!!!)

Anyhow, come on it, make yourself at home, and try not to make a mess. We're gonna be stuck here together for the next 7 to 10 days!

Oh, also, I am excited to be able to say Big Tits and Little Tits more in my every day vocabulary. Although I can never remember which one is big and which one is little!

3 comments:

  1. Paradoxily (paradoxically?), Big Tits is actually smaller. It goes by age - Andrei is the "big" brother to Sergei.

    "and Briere picks up the puck in his own zone" "BOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

    i'm having fun already

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the Flyers! Here's hoping these 2 teams put a good show, rebuilding this once great rivalry, especially since next year we'll be getting too much of the Columbus, Nashville bunch, making these Philly, Leafs, Snes and Bruins visits that much more meaningful! Great blog...will be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete