Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nothing witty to say today


Not that I really having anything witty to say anyhow, but today is particularly bad.

Last night, the Tampa Bay Lightning won their first game, leaving the Flyers as the only winless team in the NHL. We have a sad two points as we head into tonight's game with the Sharks, who only have one loss. Our record against the Sharks does not bode well for us either.

Oh well, no big deal, since the Phillies play game one of the World Series tonight, and it's like this game doesn't exist for most Philly Sports Fans anyhow.

I know I should be more worried about this terrible start, but I'm really not. It's still very early in the season and I am still hopeful that the team will get their shit together. The way I figure it, I've already been through "our worst season ever" and if I can make it through that, then I can make it through this.

Still, a win tonight would be nice. But that would mean the Phillies have to lose, so I guess we'll have to take one for the team...

2 comments:

  1. I listened to the Flyers while watching the Phillies on mute... I hate Joe Buck that much lol. Our offense impresses me. Our goalies and defense... not so much. It's time to go out and get the type of goalie who can steal a game for you even when the team isn't scoring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the Flyers' defense blew total chunks last night. I know the goalies didn't do fabulously either, but sometimes they weren't getting any help from the D. They need to get their act together...

    ReplyDelete