Thursday, June 7, 2007

Berube is back!

Last year, Craig Berube coached the Phantoms for six games before being tapped to be the Flyers assistant coach. Berube had a 3-2-1 record and I imagine if I check the stats or hockeyfights.com, I would find some good scrums in those games. Berube is a fighter, not a lover.

Berube was replaced by Kjell Samuelsson. Kjell is a nice guy. He has very many good qualities about him. He is very tall, I like that in a hockey guy. He is Swedish...I have nothing against the Swedes, as far as I know. But he discourages fighting. I like fighting. It's part (most) of the reason I like the AHL. In the AHL, things are a little looser and a little crazier. The fighting is part of that.

Yesterday, Craig Berube was named head coach of the Phantoms. Kjell was bumped down to assistant. I am gonna call and renew my tickets tomorrow. (yes, there was some doubt as to whether or not I was going to get the full season plan...)

P.S. I just checked the stats: there were more fighting majors in Berube's six games than in Kjell's first 16 as coach. Ouch! No wonder it seemed like the season was boring after October!

No comments:

Post a Comment