Monday, June 25, 2007

July 1st better get here quick!

Is there any period of time in the season that is more boring than this week between the draft and free agency? Even the NHL and TSN websites are still serving up day old draft news like leftover turkey.

So I am fast forwarding through Daily News Live today, and strangely enough, they actually have a hockey segment (rare). So I watch it of course.

These guys were working with air, filament and pixie dust to talk about the Flyers for ten minutes. They had nothing! We know what all the speculation is already! If you don't have any actual news to report, I don't need to see this segment! And ten minutes? Unnecessary. I bet they won't even do ten minutes on July 1st!

I normally love Al Morganti and the gang, but Al was utterly inarticulate. Although he did have a good one liner when asked, "what state are the Flyers in right now?" and he answered "Pennsylvania." But that was the highlight, honest to god. That, and he got his hair cut and looks 4.5 years younger. But I digress...

It must have been a slow news day for the Phillies and the Eagles I guess...

2 comments:

  1. Here we are reduced to watching a rerun of a game from last season every Friday night on Fox Sports NY. It really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill for a rerun of a game from last season!

    ReplyDelete