Sunday, June 17, 2007

Singing the Praises of the Washington Capitals!

Okay, I didn't win the first annual blogger playoff pool. But I didn't come in last. I was smack dab in the middle of the pack! And I did it all without even playing in the last round! Sweet! Take that, overachievers! Wait, that doesn't make sense.

It does chap my hide that Margee came in just ahead of me, but let's face it, she has been doing this whole hockey thing a lot longer than I have. But what the heck happened to Jordi? I think she must have given up after her embarrassing first round loss/humiliation. Poor Jordi, if it wasn't for bad luck she'd have no luck at all.

So here are my top 7 reasons the Capitals are great:

1) They are not the Penguins.

2) They did not sweep us this year, and for that I really love them! Oh wait, they did sweep us, it's just that we only play four games against them so it didn't feel quite so brutal. Ack!

3) Their AHL team is the Bears, arch rivals to my Phantoms, but I love that because those are great games to watch!

4) Ovechkin....Ov course!

5) They are going back to their old school colors this season! Yes!

6) Their chairman and owner, Ted Leonsis, is way cool, as evidenced by his interview with CapsChick.

7) They are not the Devils.

I was really hoping to come up with more than seven things, but oh well!

2 comments:

  1. Do these have to be approved??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem. #1 and #7? Yes. Very good. :)

    Bethany: I wouldn't say approved per se...but I would do your best to make it nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete