Sunday, November 2, 2008

I love Dwayne Roloson!



Okay, I don't love him like that. But I love watching him play. His goaltending style is very um...interactive, and gave me something to take my mind of the suckfest that was today's game.

Really, the highlight of the game was meeting Soph and Jess. They cleverly lured me out during the second intermission with the promise of a hockey card they brought for me. Naturally, I couldn't resist!

They were easy to find, because they are so darn cute!! Cute as buttons! So cute that I even had to give them each a hug, and I'm not really the hugging type!! We chatted for a bit, discussing the merits of fan based feedback in the dressing room during intermission. We wondered if fans thought that the Flyers hearing things like "Shoot the fucking puck" and "you suck" would be valuable to the team's performance going forward. We doubted that it would help, although we're sure it won't stop anyone.

Anyhow, here is the super awesome card they brought me, showcasing my two favorite players: The Pronger and Gator. On the same card!!!!

Thanks ladies, for brightening an otherwise dull gameday!

Also Soph, sorry for kicking your team's ass this week in our fantasty league!! But really, you may want to try and pick up another starting goalie! Leighton doesn't get many starts!! Drop Gator, because he doesn't get you any points, and pick up Joey MacDonald or Alex Auld. Since DiPietro is gonna be out for a bit, MacDonald will be getting a lot of starts.

4 comments:

  1. Kristin, meeting you was definitely the highlight of the game for us too! You are so cool! Really, how do you contain all that coolness? Aww, I'm glad we're cute as buttons! :)

    haha I'm glad your scan of the card is enormous. It is weird to see Gator with all his teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah meeting up with you was the definitely the most exciting part of today's game (Gawd, Flyers). We will have to do it again, for sure!

    I guess you weren't so eager to kick my ass after all, Kristin. Although I have no idea what I'm doing, really (although it certainly doesn't help when I forget to dress all of my active players and they go on to have a two-goal game nights... Milan). It's hard for me, I've finally just come to terms with the fact that I have to let Kyle McLaren go and that took like a month of him being in the AHL. I will definitely take your advice though. I'm not quite sure what to do about Turco... because, well, he sucks.

    I swear, someone needs to beat k-mart one of these weeks! ;) And Jess needs to win on of her matches. At least one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, Kristin, are you having a fantasy league behind my back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Steve, I am! And thank god, because I am actually not sucking in that league!! I have two right wings even!

    ReplyDelete