Monday, March 12, 2007

Back from New England...

So I took a little road trip this weekend in celebration of my birthday (which is today by the way but please don't make me lie about my age). I went to Providence on Friday and Bridgeport on Saturday to see my boys play on the road. I mean, really, what would I do without seeing them play for a whole week? Sadly, they lost both games. Happily, players who never score seemed to score in my honor. For example, Bronty had a goal in Friday night's game. I swear to god it was his first of the season.

*runs to check stats*

Okay so he has two goals this year and I would bet the other one was on the road as well because I surely would have remembered that. One thing that I noticed about Bronty this weekend is his leadership. When the ref makes a bad call or something unfair happens on the ice, he is there pleading his case for the team. From what I understand of this weekend's games, there was plenty of bad officiating, and Bronty was there to keep things in line. It is something I admire about him, and hope it will help his hockey career, because he is so very slow on the ice. I feel so bad when he is out there, because he is so big and slow!

Some other notes from the roadtrip:

  • I was blown away by the Projo's coverage of the p-Bruins. Articles and pictures!
  • The Dunk smells like the Big E
  • The Dunk has terrible and embarrassing frozen margaritas. The season ticket holders in my section were amazed at the foot tall frozen concoction. I was underwhelmed by the lack of alcohol in it.
  • I hate seats behind the players bench. I can't see anything going on!
  • I hate Connecticut.
  • Rhode Island accents are so cute!
  • Everyone in Providence was wearing some sort of Red Sox attire
  • You snooze you lose on Sigalet bobblehead night
  • Steve Regier from the Sound Tigers looks like Prince Charming
I guess that is all for now. I did see Heather over in section 103 snapping tons of pictures, but without any alcohol in me, I was not feeling very social. Plus, it was a long way to walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment