Thursday, March 22, 2007

A rough night for Philly hockey fans...

I mean, at this point in the season, every night is a rough night, but last night was particularly rough. With both hockey teams in action, it should have been a dream come true for a fan like me. Instead, both teams were shutout and poor Fridgey sustained a potentially career ending injury.

I get nervous any time I see Fridge fight, since when he first joined us this season, he was still wearing a cage. The first few fights after the cage came off, Fridge seemed very tentative. I wouldn't say scared, but he definitely seemed aware that he had a metal plate in his cheek and that can affect the way you handle a fight.

Last night was just gruesome, seeing him go down like that. It is hard to tell from the news reports whether he is really okay or not, but hopefully he will be okay.

The game itself was lackluster and did little to hold my attention. I was tired from a long day, and that didn't help either. I have no friggin idea why Nitty was in net, but he actually did not suck as much as usual...or I should say, he didn't suck as early in the game as usual.

The Phantoms were shutout by WBS in a game that I didn't watch but looked lame according to the box score. At least Bronty is back! This sounds like something I am glad I didn't see:

Shortly afterward, the lead became 4-0 when an unfortunate bounce gave the Pens a goal. Nate Guenin was trying to clear the puck out of his crease after a Wilkes-Barre shot and inadvertently put the puck in the net. Dixon was credited with his second consecutive goal at 14:24.


Doh!

2 comments:

  1. Trash talk: Ready Set Go!

    How about... I'm Eager to see Asham kick Ben's ass. No?

    Isle be seeing you FLyers in HELL!

    The Flyers are clearly owned by SATAN, Miroslav Satan, that is.

    After this game, the Flyers will be Gagne... and forgotten!

    Our Captain is a lazy bastard, but your Captain is a Predator!

    Eh, I've been up all night. I'll think of more later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, I was just psyched that you guys didn't sweep us this season! Now my self esteem is shot again!

    ReplyDelete