Thursday, July 12, 2007

Putting the "petit" in le petit Briere

So I made my way back to the lovely state of New Jersey today, to catch another day of Flyers conditioning camp. And oh yeah, Daniel Briere was there too.

The first session ended at noon, and the second session didn't start until 2:30, so I had some time to kill. As I was leaving to go get some lunch, I noticed a small line at the bottom of the stairs. At first, I was thinking these crazy people thought they were going to be invited upstairs to the press conference. Then I realized they were waiting for le petit Briere to come down the stairs after the press conference. I am such a terrible stalker that I would never even know where to wait for my intended stalkee.

Anyhow, I decided to sit down and watch the press conference on TV, and wait to see if I could catch a glimpse of Briere on his way out. Here's as close as I got (remember, I am a terrible stalker and close proximity to hockey players causes severe anxiety):



Heather B, try not to pass out at the sight of Briere in a Flyers jersey.

I personally like this shot the best, as most of my pictures are always taken too late like this one:

So that is my first Briere sighting! Hate away, haters!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my freaking God- people have Briere Flyers jerseys already?!? That's OK, I think I'd rather see him in Philly than Buffalo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No that is actually Briere in his Briere jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briere looks like the wicked witch of the west, except his monkeys are Lupul and Biron. "Fly my pretties!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is starting to look more and more like a hobbit to me. And whenever I think his name, I say "Briereggins" thanks to Margee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha oh Margee she's always good for a laugh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh. We've taken to calling him "Babyface" or "Sweet Cheeks".... at least until my rabid Briere fan friend gets over her sudden invalidation of Sabres crap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. close proximity to hockey players causes severe anxiety

    I've never been in close proximity to hockey players but I'm pretty sure I would start hyperventilating. And at least your pics are in focus! Mine would have been so blurry you wouldn't have been able to make out Briere.

    ReplyDelete