Monday, July 2, 2007

Thanks Marty!

From the Philadelphia Inquirer:


About 10 teams inquired about him, and some offered a higher annual salary over a shorter term, Briere said.


"In the past few weeks, every time I was thinking about it, for some reason Philly always came up at the top of my list," the center said. "I don't know how to explain it. There is a lot going for Philly. . . . I was a little afraid the last few days [that] they would not call or be interested in me."


He credited goalie Martin Biron for selling him on the Flyers.


"I'm very happy for him," said Biron, who was Briere's roommate in Buffalo. "This is another piece that makes our whole team better. Danny is a great player. He makes everyone around him better. He will be a great fit."

How cute! He was afraid we weren't going to call him! Aww!


2 comments:

  1. I feel sick...by the way...where are you!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sensing some Briere hostility here, Bethany!

    I have been away doing my Briere happy dance...just kidding, I have been workworkworkworkworking!

    ReplyDelete