Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hell yeah, and the funniest blog you're not reading

Okay, good game tonight (I think...it is hard to tell with 3 margaritas in you and Teka sitting next to you). The Cingular Wireless Pavillion at the Wachovia Center has the greatest, most efficient bartenders. I didn't miss a minute of the action tonight thanks to them.

Teka got some great pictures. Me, not so much. I got a lot of pictures, but only about 5 of them are decent. So my percentage is increasing...by the end of the season I may get 10 pictures out of 200. The worst part was when I was going through them tonight with Rod as my critic...my obvious *ahem* attention to Jason Smith was a tad uncomfortable. I would say 60 percent of the pictures include him in some way. Including the ones of Gator stretching, which were supposed to be for my eyes only. Oops! Oh well.

Some other highlights:

  • "Crozzzzzzzzzzz-beeeeeee, Crozzzzzzzzzzzzzz-beeeeee, Crozzzzzzzzzzzzz-beeee" after number 87 embellished a bit while looking to (unsuccessfully) draw a penalty. We decided that in Sid's RBK commercial, he should say, "In this jersey, I pledge: to whine and cry every chance I get." Man, I knew he had a rep as an embellisher/whiner, but sheesh, tonight was bad. He should get an academy award.

  • A big eff you to the guy in front of me who lost his camera and then commandeered Teka's camera to take pics of his kid on the ice during the anthem. Really? Get yer damn paws off her camera! Also, get yer head out of all my damn pictures!

  • Teka almost dropping the gloves with a girl who checked her in the ladies room. Yikes!

On a non-game related note: please check out the funniest blog out there...Flyers Goal Scored By... Ryan is either really funny or really sick (or I am really dense...I am a Flyers fan, so it sorta goes without saying...)

Also, this is an open invitation to Ryan...Nadine and I will be at Saturday's game vs. the Diablos. Get yourself a ticket and come on down...we'll even let you sit in row 1 right behind the net...you can heckle Brodeur!!!
Look, you could be this close to the net!!!

10 comments:

  1. Ryan: I've got a second bedroom in my apartment that you're welcome to use if you come down! (Although references will be required, 'cause a girl can never be too sure.)

    I've got a comfy, full-size Aero bed just waiting for any company that needs to crash on it.

    Teka: Next time you're in town for a game, you're welcome to the room also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! What a game. The Pens will win next time! I have faith!

    6 more to go. :)

    (also love the new picture of Gator. His eye looked good enough last night to be all over the Penguins)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Including the ones of Gator stretching, which were supposed to be for my eyes only.

    You're no longer forgiven unless you share :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin: Now that you've mentioned the Gator shots, you might as well post them somewhere because if Kirsten sees this post, she's gonna ask, too.

    (BTW thanks for the Richie shot. It's filed in "Hockey Harem" as HBF#3. Yep, it's official now.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, you have to post them. I need to see the shot that catapulted him into the Hockey Harem. It must be a dangerously sexy pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly Margee, I don't think it was the pic that catapulted him into the harem...it was Richie's amazingness of late. (That, and Nadine is a ho who can't pick one HBF and stick with it!! :P)

    Here is a link to the pic: Richie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the offer ladies...I unfortunately am hosting a pre-game thanksgiving dinner this Saturday so I will not be able to attend.

    I am going to try and make it down for another game besides Black Friday against the Caps and would obviously let you know.

    We go to the occassional Trenton game to see Matt play too - which would mean Septa for you and NJ Transit for me. The walk to the rinkis always scary as hell but the beers are so big there! PLus there's Chuck-a-Puck!

    And Kristin, your team will be deducted 50 points for wondering if I am crazy when I quite obviosuly am.

    Did you take that pic!?! Very artsy....i like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm it seems to have taken me about two days to wipe up the drool, come back here, and say how much I love you for being my personal Gator correspondent throughout the season.

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, not driving back at ridiculous oclock in the afternoon? I may do that.... as I dont have to be at work until 12 on Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete