Tuesday, November 27, 2007

hell yeah and oof...


So yesterday around noon I decided to get tickets for the Bruins game. Rod kinda wanted to get a Briere bobblehead, and I felt kinda guilty for never taking him to any games. I went online to see what tickets they had, and lo and behold, ended up in the second row of section 115. I love when that happens.

The rain and fog made my drive their particularly slow, so by the time we got there, it was 6:20! My precious gameday routine of get there early and get drunk was in jeopardy of being ruined! Only 10 minutes until they come out for warmups! Luckily for me, section 115 is right outside the bar. Really, you walk out of the bar, and there is 115. This would prove to be bad for me.

We head down to the seats for warmups. Section 115 is where most of the kids congregate with their "briere give me a puck please pretty please" signs and since we got there so late, the first row is pretty packed. Rod takes out his camera, and realizes he has left his long lens at home. So he is now at the Flyers game in the second row with a fisheye lens and a 17-35. Great. I take a few shots with my camera, and then give him my lens to use. I say, "You can use it, but you have to take lots of pictures of Gator." Now that I have his tiny lens on my camera, I pretty much give up on shooting, and can focus on drinking. This would prove to be bad for me.

By 7:15, I have 4 margaritas. And sadly, because the barkeeps at the bar are starting to recognize me, they are not your standard fare margaritas. I end up having 6, which is probably the equivalent of 8, and man am I feeling it today. One good thing about not bringing Rod to the games is that I know I have to pace myself and cut myself off. With him there, I can just keep drinking and hand him the keys. (This time and time again proves to be bad for me and my liver).

So that's it. I guess there was a game, although sadly I was either in the bar or the ladies room for most of the time.

I gotta stop drinking so many margaritas. It is really interfering with my hockey!

Oh and Nadine, they listened to you....they gave us the bobbleheads on the way out!!!

(and then I went to fangear and did some drunk shopping. there is a funny picture of me accosting the Smith jersey. If Rod ever lets me have it, I will post it here...)

4 comments:

  1. So nice to hear that somebody in the Flyers organization pays attention to what I say.

    Because it's patently obvious that the guys aren't. They are worse than my last on-again, off-again boyfriend. Be there, or don't, but decide already. Yeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "I think I'm going to barf". I'm celebrating the end of classes this weekend, I think I might be in that boat.

    ReplyDelete