Saturday, November 24, 2007

To watch or not to watch...

Yikes. As Katebits over at The Willful Caboose pointed out last week, the Sens are scary. I'm not so sure I want to watch the game tonight. Truthfully, I have "watched" the last two games while sleeping.

On Wednesday, in celebration of Thanksgiving being over (trust me, it was over on Wednesday for me) I cracked open a 30 dollar bottle of wine to chug while watching the Canes game. Well, a glass and a half in, I felt "sleepy" and decided to lay down to watch the rest of the game. I woke up just in time to hear lil Briere getting the hat trick.

On Saturday, I rushed home from work to watch the Caps game. Knowing that I might be headed to a Phantoms game that night, and trying to recover from drinking the rest of that 30 dollar bottle of wine on Thursday night, I decided the best way to watch the game would be by laying down on the couch again. With a blanket. I woke up just in time to hear the guys tie it up and give it away to Ovechkin in OT. (Ovie, I love you but for this I might be angry at you for a while. Okay, I am over it, I love you again...)

So then there is tonight's game vs. the scary Senators. It's possible the Flyers could win it/put up a good fight for a couple of reasons:

1) The Sens don't seem to put any effort in when they know they are playing a basement dweller (see Caps, Sabres, Maple Leafs). (And yes, I know we are not basement dwellers, but I feel that the Sens will still look down on us and not prepare for the game. I mean, all they have to do is pull tape from our first Rangers game or any of our Devils games and I bet they don't even come out for warmups!)

2) The Flyers tend to do okay after a loss/getting their asses reamed by Stevens after a loss.

So we'll see. Maybe I'll take a nap and see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment