Friday, January 25, 2008

Breaking News: Downie suspended for Laraque hit!




Colin Campbell announced this morning that the NHL is suspending Steve Downie for 6 games, because he was hit by Georges Laraque.

Campbell said, "After close review of the incident, it is obvious that Steve Downie was asking for it. Just look at the way he was dressed! And his history speaks for itself."

Although some in the league counter that it was actually Laraque's fault, Campbell disagrees: "Look at the way Downie is skating in front of Georges, just begging to be hit. Downie is obviously looking to draw a penalty. Laraque gently nudged him into the boards."

When reached for comment, Laraque said, "He made me do it. I couldn't help myself. I'll cut a bitch if I have to."

What was Downie's reaction to the suspension? "Well, I wasn't really surprised. Since I got up and continued to play, I figured I was somehow to blame. And once I fought in the third, I figured it was all over for me. I was surprised at the length though...I figured I'd get at least 10 games!"

3 comments: