Friday, January 18, 2008

It only hurts the first time...


So I trudged down to the Wachovia Center yesterday for the STH meet the team event. As you may or may not know, I don't do the autograph thing. But, since I had never been to this event before, I wanted to check it out (on the off chance that it was something really exciting).

Long story short, it was pretty underwhelming. If I wanted autographs, stalking after practice or games would be a quicker, less stressful way to do it. This event was a good way to get a free hotdog and soda out of the Wachovia Center though!

As we waited in line for Smith/Umberger, I hoped and prayed that Smith was first. I knew that if Umby was first, I was going to have to bypass him. I knew if I was going to finally get an autograph, Gator was going to be the one to sully my jersey!

Sadly, Umby was first, and I totally dissed him. The good part for him was that he got to take a drink of water while I passed him right by!

Somehow, I was able to go to Gator's table, give him my jersey, and say hi. He asked, "where do you want it, on the numbers?" And I said "wherever you want, you're my first!" He signed it, I said thanks and ran away as fast as I could! Gator!!!!!!!

Man, how I hate getting autographs! I need to hang out with ladyneat more and get over it!

Anyhow, after the Gator autograph, I was torn. Should I just leave my favorite guy on there all by himself? Or should I go nuts, now that my jersey's virginity had been taken?

After a looooooong wait in the Marty/Nitty line, I decided to add two more signatures.

I figure it's all downhill from here!

Click here for totally embarrassing pictures of me from the event. Gah!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, congrats! I share your feeling about autographs....I think I've gotten one in my entire life and it was a last minute decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wherever you want, you're my first." LOL!! Maybe it's just my dirty ass mind but how does that sound when taken out-of-context?? Eek!! Exciting. Although, I just so happen to be an autograph whore... not sure why. It just sort of happened that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you said to him. Did he at least chuckle at it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy: I just laughed so hard I started tearing up. But I completely agree with you...

    Kristin: So, really, was it that bad or hard to say something to Gator? Was Marty completely squeaky when you talked to him? Did Niitty say anything to you? I can't wait to see the sweater at the game on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahhah! congratssss! at least you didn't do what I did (and had the wrong player sign the wrong jersey then, horrified, run to the bathroom not two minutes later to try to scrub it off).

    LOL.

    and really, i did laugh at the "wherever you want, you're my first" comment. totally sounds like something i'd say, then i'd stammer and try to back-track and that would, naturally, make it worse. how... finny-esque of you. but lucky you, you didn't stutter, "um, wha--what i m-meant was..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. "wherever you want, you're my first!"

    You forgot to mention how you asked him in your sultry bedroom voice...you dirty 'bun!


    Hmmm, I guess we all have dirty minds.

    ReplyDelete