Tuesday, January 1, 2008

They pre-empted Seal on Ice for that?

(getty images)
Thank goodness there is no Triple Crown racing in January, eh? OT and a shootout? I was shocked...SHOCKED, I say, that NBC stuck with the Winter Classic. I mean, it ran 30 minutes past its scheduled time and they didn't pull the plug. I wonder why. Oh yeah, cuz Sid was playing.

In what have must have been Gary Bettman and the NHL's dream come true, Sidney Crosby scored the game winning shoot out goal in today's Winter Classic. It couldn't have been scripted better if they tried. As much as I can't stand Crybaby, the Kid comes through when it matters. Ya gotta respect that.

I loved that it was snowing for the game. I did not love that they had to stop every 5 minutes to patch up or otherwise service the ice.

In other NHL news (wait, there were other games today? I thought all the NHL players had to be in Buffalo to watch the game...), the 28th place Capitals continue to OWN the 2nd place Sens. Now that you really gotta love!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment