Monday, January 26, 2009

Did the All Star Game seriously go to a shootout?!?

Dear Mr. Kovalev: I hate children, but will gladly bear as many of yours as needed.

God, I love tivo. Fast forwarding until goals were scored is really the way to go with the All Star Game. It's not that it's boring (it's not), it's that it doesn't matter, so why watch? Imagine if a team were made up of these players? Did you see the first few shifts? Everyone is so relaxed and loose...passing pucks behind their backs and through their legs....truly a thing of beauty to see players just enjoying the game.


7 comments:

  1. Ha, I think it was kind of silly. 11-11 after regulation and no one scores in the next 5 minutes?!?! In John McEnroe's biography, he talks about how in the exhibition or senior league tennis matches, whomever wins the first set, always lets the next guy win the second set so that the fans get to see three whole sets. I think something like this was going on so the NHL could milk being the only sports on TV Sunday. Finally, Bettman made a good decision, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno Steve, I think that's giving Bettman way more credit and smartness than he deserves! I think he wishes he had planned it that way...

    Maybe I'll have to watch OT again and see if it looks like the players are taking it easy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overtime! Komisaurus got a penalty. You gotta watch that part at least ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Komisaurus! That is a perfect name for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does the NHL really need five days off for the All-Star game? I'm thinking three tops... this layoff is KILLING me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But just think how happy the players were to get a little time off. Now they will be all refreshed after their vacation, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. True, true. OT was the only time and defense was played, so maybe that had more to do with the non-scoring!

    ReplyDelete