Wednesday, January 14, 2009

well that was a terrible game!


Here is a picture from the game. I shot warmups from the Pens side, because things on the Flyers end are just too ridiculous. Talbot was more than happy to pose for some pictures...


Pens really did a great job of keeping the Flyers out of the offensive zone. It was like a broken record, Flyers skate up ice, get stopped at the blue line by the Pens. Repeat about 45 times. Or, Flyers get possession in own zone, make 7 shitty passes to get it up ice, and pass it to the Pens in the process. Repeat 75 times. Very frustrating game to see in person.

I was done with the game after the second period, but couldn't convince Rod to leave. After one particularly bad move by Hartnell, he decided he had had enough of this ridiculousness, and we left with about 5 minutes left. I never ever leave a game early, but the shitty level of play on our part left no question in my mind that there would be no comeback.

Oh well. You can't win them all. I have to agree with Nadine that being out of first place in the division is a good thing. When you're in first, there is nowhere to go but down!

3 comments:

  1. hahahaa he's looking right at you!! I love it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's kinda creepy when you're going through your pictures and you're like, "hey! Stop looking at me!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Richards did the same thing when I was taking pics when they visited here. It made me feel dirty!

    ReplyDelete