Friday, January 9, 2009

hey ref you suck

Really? Really? The Wild are the biggest bunch of act-y divers I've seen in a while. Stupid ass penalty after stupid ass penalty. I love when the refs give the crowd something to boo about, but that was ridiculous. I was attending the game with a usually mild mannered friend, and even he was yelling at the refs. Loudly, while everyone else was quiet. I was concerned for his health! He even said, "I know you can hear me!!!!" Yikes.

I decided at the last minute to go to the game, as Rod said he had lower level seats from a friend. Nice. If I had known that, I would have left earlier! Traffic was a bitch, and for some reason was absolutely gridlocked once we got to the parking area. Rod ended up parking at Novacare....in 20 degree weather. That was a long walk back to the car.

Anyhow, this is my favorite excerpt from the (obviously biased) Flyers website regarding the game:

Minnesota took an early lead thanks to a blown call by one of the linesmen, when the Wild pressured in the Flyers' zone after what should have been an icing call. Cal Clutterbuck centered to Stephane Veilleux at 12:11 to make it a 1-0 game.

Referees Dave Jackson and Kevin Pollock were also targets from the sellout crowd, making penalty call after penalty call on Philadelphia. A too-many-men infraction in the second period gave the Wild a two-man advantage for over a minute while play was not anywhere near the bench, and Pollock fell for a perfect-10 of a dive by Kim Johnsson after he was barely touched by Knuble late in the period.

“It’s a little frustrating. It seemed like everything we did, they were either falling down and getting the calls, or we were just trying to give a guy an extra shot, and it seemed like they were calling it on us all night," said Hartnell.


Looking forward to a non 1 pm Saturday start time, and maybe my heat will even be fixed by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment