Wednesday, October 24, 2007

let the downward spiral begin

Okay, okay, it's not that bad. Except that I totally remember last October's game against the Panthers. For me, that game marked the beginning of the end for last season. Sure, we already sucked by that point (we had only won one of our first seven games) but this was the turning point of the season...the one game that summed up how the rest of the season would go.

And it was all Jokinen's fault. Him and that stupid forehead of his.

Anyhow, enough about the season that shall not be named. I took a page out of Nadine's book (almost literally) and made a few notes. Well, at least for the first period and part of the second. After that, I gave up and started reading photography books. Gah!

First Period
  • The roaring Panther sound effect. Really?
  • Lupul is up on the first line again. Cmon Stevens, I thought we were on the same page about Knuble here. Well...moving Mike to the 2nd line got him a +2 for the night, which helps with my fantasy team, but still...don't even think about making this permanent.
  • First period...guys have their lead skates on again. And apparently, blindfolds now too.
  • What on earth is up with this broadcast....there is an eerie fluorescent blue cast to the entire screen. It is making my eyes annoyed. Maybe that is why the Flyers are blindfolded.
  • I hate Jokinen. He really is the one person in the NHL that I would punch.
  • They should have pulled Marty 10 minutes in...

2nd period...
  • insane PK work by Richards, Smith and Kapenen to kill off the four minute Eager penalty.
  • The pass from Richards to Lupul was incredible...Lupul positioned himself perfectly
  • The Carter/Umberger goal was totally insane too...
  • What the heck is Bernie Parent doing in the crowd?

Third period:
  • The photographic triangle is fascinating...is that where all my good pictures go?
  • I wonder how my fantasy team is doing....oh good, Brind'Amour is having a good night
  • If Jim Jackson says "here come the Panthers" one more time, I am going to punch someone.

I think maybe Marty lost this one on purpose, in order to build Nitty's confidence for tomorrow. Whaddya think?

6 comments:

  1. Hey, hey...Stop with the doom and gloom! (That's all I'm going to say. Take it any way you want. And lay off of my #1 hbf! The D stunk in front of him.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precisely. If there's no D, then the goalie has no chance. Somebody will beat him.

    I love how Marty explained last night's game in the post-game video. The puck wouldn't stick to him! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He seemed so....deflated. I felt bad for him after watching the post game interview with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, are we blaming tonight on the D? My vote is yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. at least nitty looked decent at times!

    ReplyDelete