Sunday, June 8, 2008

a boring saturday night...


How come there is nothing on TV on Saturday nights? I was forced to watch Metal Mania on VH1 Classic. Pretty bad, eh? But then they played this awesome Scorpions video for "No One Like You." Unfortunately, it is not embed-able, so you will just have to click on the link. It's worth it, seriously, for all its 80s metal cheesiness. Honest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCmCXoLieC8

Stop the presses! Here is the original version, which is pretty great too. It doesn't have a million Japanese teenagers rocking out, but it is sweet nonetheless!

5 comments:

  1. Kristin, as if I didn't love your blog enough before, now you throw Scorpions into the mix... I love "No One Like You" and "Rock You Like a Hurricane"! Such '80s metal fabness! How could it have been a boring Saturday night with those hotties around, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it couldn't have been that boring, since I did continue to watch!

    Also, this morning I checked out the original, non-live version of the "No One Like You" video. I had forgotten how great that is too.....they are on Alcatraz and the lead singer guy's girlfriend comes to visit him and then he wakes up. Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it bad that I think I may have already seen the Alcatraz video?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only know Rock You Like a Hurricane... thank you Guitar Hero... however, it's still a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "No One Like You" should be played at every wedding!

    I've seen Metal Mania. I watched it for FOUR hours straight one Saturday a couple months back!!! I'd totally watch it again too, haha.

    ReplyDelete