Friday, June 27, 2008

The Gator days of summer...


Well, here we are, headed into the last weekend before free agency. There have been rumors of Smith not being a Flyer this year since back at the trade deadline. But really, who would want Gator for their team? I mean sure, he's all brooding single dad and whatnot, but he plays like crap when he has two bum shoulders. If I were a GM and I had seen him play in the playoffs, I would give a hearty "no thanks" if given the chance to sign him.

Anyhow, he will probably be a Devil next year, and then I will have to hate him. Right? There's no way I could possibly love a bedeviled Gator. Is there?

I'll be posting Gator pictures and videos over the next few days to determine whether or not we can love a Devil Gator.

Below, we have our first introduction to Gator...his press conference/jersey putting on day. At the time, I was underwhelmed. Here is what I had to say at the time:

Let me digress here for one second. I watched the Hartnell, Smith and Briere press conferences. Hartnell was very articulate. Smith was very boring. Briere was very skittish. Of the three, if I were a GM, I would only want Hartnell talking to the press.


Oh man, I called Gator boring. Wow. I will have to look back and see where it was that he finally stole my hockey heart. Anyhow, enjoy the video. You get to see Gator's little smile and hear him say "obviously" a lot. (you can fast forward to the 3:40 mark to see both...)

3 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the whole video, but I have to say it was weird to see Gator without black eyes and various bumps and bruises!

    I know Gator had a rough time in the playoffs, but I love his heart and just general captain-ness. (Congratulations "captain-ness," you're now a word!)

    Kristin, you did have that brief love affair with the Devils last season... And you liked Chris Pronger... Stranger things have happened then you loving a bedeviled Gator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, could you still love Gator if he was besharked? I'm crossing my fingers for that to happen (I mean, if he has to leave, because obviously him staying as the resident brooding single dad and el capitan of the Flyers would be the best option)

    I also wouldn't be too worried about thinking Gator was boring at first. When I first started watching hockey I yelled at the tv "I hate you Kyle McLauren and your stupid yellow visor!" I butchered his name and was annoyed only because of the yellow visor. Not something I'm proud of today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To answer your question: No you cannot love him if he goes to the Devils. Once a player leaves Philly to go to Jersey, NYR, Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Toronto or Buffalo then they're dead to me (and should be to you too!)

    ReplyDelete