Friday, June 20, 2008

Flyers Draft Day rumors and excitement!

this is who we should have drafted last year!

Last year's draft was like *yawn*, since we were picking second. I mean, it was pretty much one of the top three guys for sure, and although I'm sure the Reamer will be great for us someday, what has he done for me lately?

This year, I'm kinda more excited. We have the 27th pick, and I think that makes Homer kinda itchy. No way he wants to wait until number 27 to pick John Carlson. Homer loves to play the game, and I am sure he will be wheeling and dealing all day to make things exciting for me.

The best rumor I heard so far, and I am pretty sure it was from Ek, had the Flyers trading up to get the first draft pick so they could get Stamkos. Wha?!?! Now, that is a wild rumor!

Best other rumor of the day is that Carter's deal is locked up but has yet to be announced. We'll see. I don't know how we can trade him to the Leafs for their first round pick if he is locked up for 3 years.

Check back later for more fun and excitement!

Update: Umberger to Blue Jackets? Dag, for the life of me I can't remember where I saw this one either. Maybe I am just hallucinating today. Okay, nevermind, found it.

5 comments:

  1. While I would hate to lose Umberger, every other team thinks he's a lot better than he really is, so I'd bet we could swing a pretty good deal for him.

    Who did the Flyers pick today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your rumor was right... See ya Umberger, off to Columbus. I assume it's a money issue, with Carter's impending contract?

    However, why did the Flyers only get the 19th pick? I guess Columbus was intent on keeping #6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I wasn't really happy about only getting 19th for Umberger. I think homer still has a few tricks up his sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little sad to see that Umberger got traded by the time I got home. (Jess, I think our roommate isn't going to be very pleased)

    Also, where can one get a hat like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, Soph, that was one of my first thoughts when Umberger got traded!

    haha That is quite a nice furry chapeau as well!

    ReplyDelete