Friday, April 17, 2009

The hero and the goat (Kovy's not the goat...)

Gorges (the goat) likes when Kovalev scores. But not as much as I do.

Yeah, so that game didn't suck. Lots of energy, decent puck possesion, not terrible goal tending. I guess when you're expecting a bloodbath, and you only cut yourself shaving, it's not so bad. The Habs looked a hell of a lot better playing the Bruins than the Flyers did playing the Pens. Trust me.

I sitll hold no delusions that the Habs can win this thing, but at least they're going down fighting.

I'm trying to pull tape of that Kovalev goal, because man oh man was that sick. I can't even tell you how much I love when he does that. Unfreakingbelievable.

In non Habs news:

  • WTF? Carcillo suspended, Stevens fined? Oy.
  • Interesting thoughts on Carter and Richards being used too much on the PK and tiring themselves out. Looks like someone's trying to come up with explanations for losing the series already.
  • Also, just a random question from the Flyers game...WTF is Jared Ross doing up with the big boys? He's seen like 5 games this year. Bring Noodle back.
  • Gah, Carolina, you were supposed to be unstoppable. Ward, you better get your shit together before tomorrow night, because we all know Leights aint ready for the big time.
  • Oh, I think I may be going to the stupid Flyers game on Sunday after all. Grrrr. They better not play like shit. Soph and Jess, I'll keep you posted if I change my mind. Right now there are still good tickets available...
  • I'm addicted to Luden's cough drops.

Go Flyers! Go Canes! Go Rangers!

8 comments:

  1. kristin, I only recently kicked my Cherry Luden's habit! A few months ago I wound up with one of those coughs from HELL, where I really did need a cough drop at all times, so I started buying Luden's because they are so incredibly delicious. I got in the habit of constantly eating Luden's, and a few weeks ago I finally had to admit to myself that my cough was gone and I really had no excuse for eating candy all day long. I finished off my stash and wouldn't allow myself to buy more. I did find a stray one in a purse that I don't use very often the other day. That was exciting. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read on Puck Daddy about a Bruins fan playing tug-o-war with Kovalove over his stick and I immediately thought it was you. If only I still had photoshop... and a picture of your face...

    For some reason I assumed that you had already gotten rid of your tickets for dirty Habs money :) So, I kinda bought tickets, tonight. We figured Sunday was better than Tuesday because we didn't want to risk seeing them get swept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katebits, I'm so glad to know that I can look forward to a long and delicious addiction! Although I would gladly trade the addiction for the cough to, you know, actually go away. (I have 4 bags stashed in my cabinet right now, and one bag on the bedside table...)

    I used to be a Ricola girl (always needed one at bedtime) but Luden's has taken over and the Ricola seems so gross now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soph, I just saw that on Puck Daddy! Why would they be such jerks to Kovalove? I saw him near the scrum during the game, which is kind of weird, since he runs from any sort of physical contact, and I wondered what he was doing over there. Now I know!

    did you get section 203 row 2? Those were available when I checked while writing the post.

    How sad that your motivating factor was to avoid seeing them be swept. This playoff run is so much more depressing than last year, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually got the tickets on Craig's list, which can be shady but it's worked out the five or so times I've used it. We're going to be in section 116. We managed to get some pretty good seats, pretty reasonably priced (considering it's the playoffs and all), so I jumped on that.

    For some reason I'm a little doom and gloom about both of my teams... hopefully they can prove me wrong (although so far they haven't been).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carcillo's an idiot... why did your guys have to take him out of the desert? Poor Upshall... :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a teacher in high school that was addicted to Luden's. He ate them everyday for many, many years. He still might be eating them for all I know!

    I had tickets for section 119! But I can't make it up this weekend. I told my buddy that if there is a round 2, OIY, I'm coming up for a game! Kristen, you'll recognize me by my vampire fangs, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *is still not-so-secretly pulling for the Flyers*

    ReplyDelete