Sunday, April 19, 2009

I had to get up at 6 am on Sunday to work 7-1 and then go to the game!


So you Flyers are lucky that was a good game, or I would be pissed.

I'm amazed that the crowd was so into it. I was apparently the only person who had no hope for a win (or even a good effort). I was pleasantly surprised.

I came home and watched the game on TV (weird, I know) and was amazed at how Pierre McGuire has the biggest boner for the Pens. But then I read the Pensblog, and they were pissed at how McGuire has a boner for Mike Richards. Amazing how two different fan bases can hate McGuire so much, but about the exact opposite thing. Honestly though, if you think the NBC broadcast had bias towards the Flyers, you are either retarded or deaf (no offense to either group). Seriously, NBC's job is to sing the praises of the annointed one and his team, no matter what.

I still hold no delusions that the Flyers can win this series, or even another game, but it was nice to be rewarded for getting up at the asscrack of dawn.

Also:
  • I bet 4 out of 5 Flyers fans have a Giroux jersey by the end of the week.
  • I do a lot of hockey card shopping on ebay (*cough* Kovalev *cough*) and I can tell you that Giroux cards today were going for 30 bucks and up. No lie. Check it yourself!
  • I really need to get to sleep now!
  • I think the Luden's are causing my tonsils to swell.
  • I am so glad the Habs are not playing the Flyers. I would have gotten killed for wearing a Habs shirt.
  • Oh Jared Ross...sorry about what I said about you earlier in the week. My bad.
Also, a quick word on penalties. Um. Hmm. Actually, no, I'm not going to get into it, but wow. Maybe a quick refresher course for the refs on what consitutes hooking, slashing, and what have you. Because honestly, I don't know what the fuck the refs are seeing out there, but it's getting kinda outta control...

4 comments:

  1. I was watching the game and I had that exact "conversation" about the penalties and the anointed one actually (you may have seen it on Twitter?)...

    Me after Richards gets a penalty for no reason: Look, you so much as touch a Penguin and you get a penalty. Amazing...

    My mom who doesn't even like the Flyers: Must have something to do with the aura of the anointed one...

    Anyway.... nice game for the Flyers and I hope the Habs can at least put up an effort tonight...I think the fans are the only ones who are pleased to see Lucic suspended...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I stole anointed one from you! You always have the best ideas! I think it's funny that your mom even thought the penalties were crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has either of the three games had good officiating? Geez! Consistency would be nice. As for the NBC announcers, Milburry and Milbank are both retarded. I hate them both and actually change the channel during intermissions so I don't have to listen to them. Milbury looks like a turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem with McGuire is that he used to work for Pittsburgh and still has the boner. It wasn't until the Flyers were up a couple of goals until he started to talk about Richards. He is just jumping on the bandwagon.

    By the way how can you not love Giroux. You are right about the jersey but here is another one for you, Parent. I see him coming into his own in this series and I am ready for him to clean Kunitz clock the next time he comes in to level Timo.

    ReplyDelete