Sunday, February 11, 2007

I love you Michael Leighton!

I had a feeling Leighton would get the start last night, and I also had a feeling he would get the win. Seriously. Look, I have no false hope when it comes to the Flyers, I realize they have really sucked this year, but I have seen Leighton play a few times and I felt he could pull it off. The Flyers had come close a couple of times this week and I thought he might be the difference.

So, do you give him the start on Monday?

No.

But Kristin, you just said he was the difference between winning and losing. I know, I know, but I will tell you my reasoning. Back in the day, Leighton had back to back wins (shutouts no less) against two teams: the Blues and the Red Wings. But Kristin, Leighton just beat the Blues and now they are playing the Red Wings on Monday...doesn't it make sense to give Leighton the start?

No.

Sorry, but you have to put Nitty back in on Monday. Putting Leighton in will be too much pressure on the guy: okay, you won now do it again. Okay, you beat these two teams in a row before, now do it again. It is too much of a mind fuck for the poor guy. Let him bask in his win for a day or three. Give Nitty the start, if he sucks it hard like he sometimes does, pull him and put Leighton in. Giving Leighton the start will just be too much too soon for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment