Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'll say it again...I love you Michael Leighton!

Last night's game against the Red Wings was the best game of the season. It had the best period of the season as well (the first period). The Flyers have been playing really well the past few games, although it didn't translate into many wins. They are finally starting to play well together. Even if this game had ended in a shootout loss, it still would have been an incredible game.

I had zero margaritas and sat in my nosebleed seats, and it was still the best game all year. The high I got from the five goals they scored in the third was incredible. I guess this is how it feels to be proud of your team!

Leighton was unbelievable again, stopping everything that came his way. He also had a lot of help from the guys defensively. There were a lot of shots that normally would have gotten past the defense, but somehow last night they got blocked!

It was a true team effort. The crowd was so into it and really helped the team keep their energy and momentum going.

*sigh* if only all the games could be like this.....

4 comments:

  1. It was so shocking! Good for the Flyers. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that is all over now that Forsberg is gone. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  3. :weep:

    I miss Michael Leighton!!! it *still* burns my backside that he got claimed off waivers.

    my only consolation? burke admitted it was a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only hope they deal Esche soon so Leighton can see some more ice time. The Phantoms goalies are all healthy again (knock on wood) so Leighton is in limbo. Where do backups go when they are not playing? I have some work around the house he could do...

    ReplyDelete