Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day One: Life as a Devils fan

6:55 PM
I make my way to the couch to watch the Flyers Devils game. Oh good, we're playing the Senators. We're sure to lose to them. Wait. I think that is the Flyers fan in me hoping for a Devils loss.

I turn on the TV, but for some reason the Flyers game comes on. Hmm, that's weird. Must be something wrong with the remote. Well, I might as well watch this game for a few minutes. Gotta keep track of what the enemy is doing, right? Whatever I miss in the Devils game I can always catch up with on IPB. Oh great, they're not doing a game diary for this game.

7:20 PM
I finally turn to the Devils/Sens game. I have trouble telling which team is which, since both teams colors are red/white/black. What kind of stupid color combination is that? I get excited about one of our guys laying a hit on the other team, but it turns out to be a Sen hitting a Devil. Why can't one of these teams have a different color scheme, say maybe orange and black instead of red?

7:21 PM
Ooh! Fight! Oh, Clarkson! He's my *favorite* Devil! And he's so *dreamy*.

8:00 PM
After taking a break, I come back to watch the Flyers Devils game. But again, my remote seems to be broken and I can't get it to change from the Flyers game. Oh well. Looks like those Flyers chumps are gonna lose again.

8:12 PM
I manage to find the Devs/Sens game again, but I am still confused by the colors. Crap! Woohoo! Devils score!

9:00 PM
Aw, crap, I gotta get ready for work. Yeah, that's right, it's 9 o'clock on a Saturday night and I'm headed to work. I'm bummed that I will miss the third period of the Flyers Devils game, but what can ya do?

So far this transition is going pretty well! I love the Devils! I love wearing Red and Black! I love Brodeur!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's easy! The red and black uniforms that exude all that is good and wonderful in the world are the Devils. The red and black unis that exude evilness, pain and suffering are the Sens. Don't get me started on what orange and black exude... :)

    Life as a Devils fan! I can't wait to read Day Two! (Oh, and sorry about the lack of a diary. If we'd known it would help you with your transition to your new favorite team, we'd have written one, I promise!)

    ReplyDelete