Thursday, February 7, 2008

Devils lose. I win.

Stick, together we will crush Kristin's spirit!

Ha Ovechkin! Nice try! Sure, the Flyers lost, but so did the Devils. And honestly, a Devils loss makes me just about as happy as a Flyers win. (Okay, a Devils loss makes me happier. *sigh*)

It was Hextall Hall of Fame induction night, and it was great to see all the old footage of Hextall. Kinda makes me wish there was a goalie out there today with those kind of douche moves. Hextall gave a great speech, and even moved Holmgren to tears. I was impressed by that!!! (I didn't know Homer had tear glands!)

The game was made of suck, and honestly, next game I am bringing rotten eggs to throw at Vandermeer's car afterwards. From where I was sitting, the Caps seemed to have things going on defensively. It was hard to tell if the Flyers were fanning on shots, or if they were being blocked by the Caps. Either way, it was a very frustrating evening. To make things worse, the boys staged a comeback in the waning minutes of the third, but of course, it was too little too late.

Regarding the no goal: I knew there was no way in hell they were gonna call that a goal, which was a shame because it could have really been a turning point. Oh well. Toronto hates us.

Also, note to Gator. I did notice what a maniac you were this evening. Lots of stunning blocks and gorgeous hits. I know you are worried about this whole Pronger thing, but fear not: The Pronger is almost out of my system. Just keep up the good work with the blocking and the hitting, and you'll be number one again in no time. (Your picture in the Flyers Yearbook is certainly working wonders...)

3 comments:

  1. Sigh. You know you were starting to become one of my favorite Flyers fans until that Pronger thing, right? Why must you kill our blossoming friendship with Chris Pronger? ;P

    p.s. That caption below Ovechkin's picture cracked me up in the library. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, nice caption! Did it work?

    I'm going to let the whole Hextall thing slide because I know to Flyers fans he is one of the greats and as a hockey fan I grudgingly agree. As a Caps fan...like I said, I'm letting it slide ;)

    Oh, and here's what I love about you - you have the same defeatist attitude I have towards goals under review. Seriously, between the two of us I'm surprised that one was called either way! But I looked it up in the rulebook (because shut up, I'm just that cool) and it should not have been a goal because Olie was shoved into the net by a Flyer and something about referee's intent to blow the whistle or...something. I really should have written it down.

    Anyways.

    Gator was a beast, by the way - I noticed him a lot last night, he was a pain in my ass through the whole game. At one point I actually shouted at the screen "don't shoot that, Gator is right there!!" *sigh* They don't listen to me.

    ...rambling babbling comment complete, I swear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elly, I am sorry about the Pronger thing. I know he's a very unpopular player to like, but I've always liked him. Seeing him in person sorta pushed it to a different level. I wasn't expecting him to make me swoon, but he did, so there you have it.

    We still have Gator to swoon over! And Gary Roberts! (oh wait, Roberts is just me...oh well...)

    And CC, I love the image of you yelling at the TV trying to warn the guys about Gator! Thank goodness our series is done for the season and now we can unite in our Sid bashing! Although, it is kinda hard to bash the guy when he is out of commission. Oh wait, no it isn't!

    crozzzzzzzzzzz-beeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete