Friday, May 16, 2008

At least we played a better game...

Wait. What? They won? Oh sorry, I passed out after that 2nd Pens goal and just regained consciousness.

Seriously, I'm just not made for playoff hockey. Too stressful!

A few things:

1. Settle down, it's just one game.

2. It's hilarious to see Pens fans in a bit of a tizzy. See what happens when you bring out the brooms and EC champion hats? Having been raised as a Red Sox fan, I know never to bring out the champagne til it's over. Otherwise Bill Buckner will fuck you up good.

3. Timonen and Coburn possible for Sunday?

4. Two days off certainly doesn't work in our favor (except if it enables Kimmo and Coby to come back)

5. I learned a new penalty last night....clipping!

6. I don't understand why a Pen was able to rough Upshall and not get a penalty. I'm gonna have to watch the replay and see if there was something I missed.

7. They gave out the best T-shirts yet tonight: "Megadeth Security" on the back. Nice!

8. Enjoy this picture of Mar-ty...Mar-ty...Mar-ty...Mar-ty

(Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

3 comments:

  1. I'm very upset that I missed the entire game. I would miss the game they win...

    What exactly is clipping? You are better versed in hockey terminology than me.

    That picture of Mar-ty is simultaneously beautiful and frightening.

    I really hope that Timmonen and/or Coburn can play the next game. I've got my fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was totally baffled by clipping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soph, I could stare at that picture of Marty all day. I don't know why! And I had to do some research on clipping, since it wasn't listed in my "Ice Hockey Made Simple: A Spectator's Guide".

    It was insituted in 2002, after a low hit by Darcy Tucker on Michael Peca. Here is the NHL rulebook page and here is the Wikipedia entry .

    I guess I am too new to the hockey world to have seen it called before, but it sure was funny.

    And Jess, baffled is the right word. You could kinda hear people in the arena go "huh?"

    ReplyDelete