Sunday, May 4, 2008

Okay, that picture makes me feel a little bad

(Photo by Phillip MacCallum/Getty Images)

Well that game provided its fair share of heart attacks! I didn't want to watch the third period, but I figured I owed it to the guys to hang in there. My only regret is that I didn't make the trek to Montreal. You know you have a hockey addiction when people at work assume you are making the trip to Montreal to see the game! Anyhow, here is the postgame rubdown:

1. Settle down, its just one game.

2. I really like the Habs and their fans. Our teams and fanbase are similar in many ways, and it's sad to see a worthy competitor eliminated.

3. I need the Pens/Rangers series to either end on Sunday or go a full 7 games. My work schedule is not very flexible this week, and there are some days that don't work for me at all. Cmon guys, help a sister out. Please?!?!

4. You have to check out this page at TSN. Scroll down to the picture of Briere they use...much bias against him? Nah. He just looks like a scared elf, that's all!

5. Blog pimping: The playoffs have been a great time to get to know some new blogs, so be sure to check out k-mart over at Stuart Scott's Eye. Also, CuseAdelphia posts occasionally on the Flyers, as does The 700 Level. And Flyers Fan Central has a great new look, with RSS feeds from most of the Flyers blogs. If I forgot anyone, let me know and I'll give a shout out. Oooh, also check out Will We Ever Win?

6. Please stop using the word schadenfreude.

2 comments: