Friday, July 11, 2008

Intervention and vacation


Oh my god. I am totally addicted (pun intended) to Intervention on A&E. I have an unhealthy obsession with shows and movies about drug addiction, and Intervention has really stepped it up this season. I caught a great episode on demand last night, featuring Dawn and Fabian. Dawn is waaaaaayyy addicted to meth (those are always the best ones), and her two sons are pretty much sick of it. She is so paranoid that she thinks the show's producers are FBI agents getting ready to arrest her.

Anyhoo, they finally confront her with an intervention. The sons pour their hearts out to her. The interventionist asks her if she is willing to go to rehab. She sits there on the couch thinking about it, face looking very contemplative. Then, she gives her answer:

"Hellllllll Noooo!"


AHAHAHAHAHA. Ooof. It's moments like that that make the show worth watching. That, and watching these people score heroin and shoot it up in the bathroom of the local Taco Bell.

(Apologies to any of y'all out there living with addiction. I just love this show and wanted to share it.)

Man, I can't wait for hockey to come back. TV sucks!

Starting tomorrow, I will be away for a few days, and I'm not sure how reliable my internet connection will be. I'm pretty sure my only posts will be from my iPhone or from the nearest Starbucks. Hopefully there will be some Metal Mania news to report on this weekend, or I will just have to make shit up!

Have a good one y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Kristin, I was thinking of you and your love of Metal Mania because Pops has been trying to learn how to play Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" on guitar. (Does that even count as metal? Well, it's amusing nonetheless!) Consequently, he's been blasting it and probably frightening the neighbors. Oh 80s music, how I love you!

    Have fun on your trip! We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you going on vacation?

    ReplyDelete