Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Settle down, Tampa Bay! Save some free agents for the rest of us!

Sheesh...the Lightning are out of control! First they get Roberts and Malone, now it looks like they have Radim Vrbata too. Who do you think you are...Homer in 2007?

I'm off today and will try to post stuff as it happens, although I expect that a real news site will give you timelier information!


update 2:25 pm
Hmm. We traded Gauthier away. I guess I should have seen that one coming. Why is Homer stockpiling picks and prospects? What does he have up his sleeve?

update 7:21 pm
Well so far today has been pretty boring. I had to take a nap while waiting to see where Soupy would end up. So far, the highlight of my day is watching Pierre McGuire go nuts on TSN over the goaltending situation in Chicago.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we got something for Gauthier. It kinda stunk that his time with us didn't really work out too well, he was too good to be playing in the minors, but we couldn't recall him because he would have had to clear waivers and someone would have snatched him. I know I was pretty excited when we first signed him...

    Gator is not being re-signed, so I'm assuming Mike Richards will be our next captain now. And if we could only get Hatcher out the door, maybe we could take a run at another FA or pull off some deal for someone... I don't think it'll happen though. Homer seems content to tweak this offseason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard yesterday that Hatch is gonna rehab his knee and stay.

    Is Gator official yet, or are we just going with the old speculation?

    And I think I'm okay with just tweaking this offseason. We have a pretty good core, and we don't necessarily need to land a big one this year.

    ReplyDelete