Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random Flyers updates

Aww, it looks so nice from the outside!!!

Damn. The offseason sucks so much. My prediction for August is 100% more suckiness than July, even though I am not sure that is even possible.

Anyhoo, the Flyers are trying to liven things up a little for me, by announcing the preseason schedule. Sure, it was already announced, but now you know where they are going to play. And their big exciting day is September 27th, when they play a game at the Spectrum.

Um, okay. I get that that's where we came from and all, but have you been to the Spectrum in the last few years? Cuz I spent a season watching the Phantoms there, and I don't relish the idea of going back there anytime soon. It's slippery, sticky, and moist and there is no hot water in the ladies room. I mean sure, it's laden with Flyers history, but sheesh. I've been spoiled by the Wachovia Center (and that is not saying much)!

Oh well, you know I'll be there, especially since it is against the Hurricanes (Michael Leighton alert)!

Also, for all you hockey hotties out there, a reminder that auditions for the Delta Dental Ice Team are August 24th. Probably a great way to get to see the games for free and skate real close to the goalie and annoy him. And please, no comments about the ice team and how sexist it is. The girls really don't bother me, but girls that complain about them really do! :)

Oh, and while I'm busy offending y'all, I wanted to point you in the direction of another blog that might offend you too. You may already know Wrap Around Curl from the Hottie Hockey Dreamy Team series that's been going on all summer with I Mean, We Got Guys. (Wow, that was a poorly constructed sentence. Oh well.)

Anyhow, Wrap Around Curl is, um, irreverent. Yeah, that's the word. She has a no holds barred, if-you-don't-like-it-fuck-you attitude that I am finding to be quite refreshing. So check it out and feel free to be offended. She's also looking for a new NHL team to root for, so maybe you can help her with that.

That's all for now. Peace out suckas! And cmon Soph, Jess, and Kmart...POST SOMETHING FOR ME TO READ!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry we've been Slacky McSlackersons, Kristin! We'll try to post something new soon... It's make it work time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no wrap around, thank you for having such a great blog!

    And jess, I see that soph already put a new post up, so you're fine...for now. just don't let it happen again!

    ReplyDelete