Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Carbo-no and double game day preview

Oh sign making fan, you are wise beyond your years...

Well wow, that was shocking. I was on my way home from work yesterday and listening to Jeff Marek on HNIC Radio when I heard the news. I'm sad for Guy, but this move gives me hope that perhaps all is not lost. I'm hoping Bob has his pulse on the finger of the team and can get all of them to live up to their potential. We'll see. I particularly like this piece on Gainey's press conference yesterday. Robert always has quality stuff over there.

Two games for me tonight, one at the Wachovia Center and one on Tivo. I was trying to get out of going to the Flyers game, but I can't talk Rod out of it. Plus, I hear Soph and Jess might be there, so that's always something to look forward to! Here's hoping we can continue our non-jinxing being at the game at the same time streak.

I was surprised to see that the Flyers have won both meetings with the Sabres this year. I'm not sure why I'm surprised, but I am. Looks like Briere is out for tonight, which can only be good for the Flyers considering their record in the 12 games he's played in this season.

As for the Habs game...ugh. I don't know what to expect. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. (I'll even take a loss, as long as the boys show a little jump and consistency...)

(Also, thanks to everyone for leaving me Montreal restaurant recommendations. Much appreciated!)

8 comments:

  1. Speaking of signs, did you see the one at the Rangers game last night in Dallas(?)(too lazy to confirm). Avery got a penalty and someone behind the box held up a sign that read "120 Sloppy Seconds for Avery".

    "That's gold, Jerry. Gold!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic. I'll have to look for that one...maybe Wysh has it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, looked for you on the tele at the game last night. Don't think I saw you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, you should have looked for Soph and Jess...they were 4th row!

    I ended up watching from home because Rod was sick...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might be off topic but... aren't Flyers tickets hard to get? How do you have tickets to all the games? Are you a season ticket holder?
    Just curious, is all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. James, I am a season ticket holder, but tickets for most games are pretty easy to get anyhow. And there is always stubhub for those front row seats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going to be at the game tonight? Ovie's going to be there! =p

    ReplyDelete