Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy hugging Habs take care of business without help from Flyers...

The Habs are now 2-0 in this streak when Kovalev loses his helmet!!!


I gotta tell ya, being at a Flyers game while a Habs game is on is just torture for me. Especially when the Flyers are not cooperating by beating the stuffing out of the Panthers. Torture. It's hard to pay attention to the game while watching the scoreboard and checking NHL.com and twitter for updates. Somehow I made it through.

The Flyers seemed a little off last night. Yeah, there were a lot of positives, and Coach Stevens said he was happy with the effort, but still something was off. They were slow and sloppy and had silly breakdowns that cost them some goals. They looked like a team that had played the night before.

Danny Syvret was an emergency call up a few hours before the game, but it wasn't clear who he was meant to come in for. Turns out Kimmo was not feeling well, but decided to play anyhow. So maybe that was part of the lackluster play. Also, I think wig night may have been a bit of a distraction. Who knows? All I know is the Flyers better beat the Panthers next time for sure...

As for the Habs game, I fell asleep while watching it, but maybe I'll catch it today. Looks like a better effort from the boys. Let's just hope (still? again?) that it doesn't boost their confidence so much that they stop working hard!

Ooh, happy day for me...Habs I/O has Kovalev audio. I'll just be listening to this over and over for the next few hours.

2 comments:

  1. Was it just me or did Biron give up a billion of really bad rebounds....? < this is the part where I'd go bashing him again > Boo...

    Well, it doesn't matter. Habbies won and the Bolts pretty much rolled over for them - minus stupid Ramo - so it's all nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, how many Hartnell Hairs were out there? That's like the Twilight Zone of hair.

    ReplyDelete