Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Going through the motions...Flyers game day preview.


You know how it is. You're breaking up with someone, but you still have to live with them due to financial reasons. That's me and the Flyers right now. That's good though, right? I mean, if we're still living together, there's a chance we might hook up again before too long, right? Anyhow.

Today is Christmas Eve and maybe we'll see some hot trading action. Jay Bouwmeester and Chris Pronger traded to the Devils. Pascal Leclaire and RJ Umberger traded to Philadelphia. Olli Jokinen and Jussi Jokinen to any team, as long as they are together. The possibilities are endless. Trade deadline day and free agency day are our two hockey holidays, guys! Get crazy! Decorate some trade deadline day cookies! Put up the trade deadline day mistletoe.

My only wish for trade deadline day: Chris Pronger to an eastern conference team. That'd make my day.

Oh, yeah, there's a Flyers game tonight. The last time we met the Bruins, Marty really effed things up. Nitty had to come in and save his ass, with the help of Randy Jones. Maybe they could replay Jones' game winner a lot, so we can trade Jones and his purse for someone that doesn't make the guy in front of me yell, "Hey Jones, hit him with your purse." If I never have to hear that again, I'll be happy.

For a game preview by someone who is not sleeping with the enemy, check out Travis over at Broad Street Hockey. He's always got something to say, and he's on SB Nation, which is apparently where every cool blogger blogs now. That's ll for now, because I have to be at work in 25 minutes, and I'm still in my PJs! Yikes!!

5 comments:

  1. You're ridiculous. You dumped Philly for the Habs. If you're so into the Canadiens, cover them and leave the Flyers coverage to actual fans. Just don't expect to be liked when Philly beats the Habs in the play-offs and you want to be a real fan again. Because you won't be. Never reading this fake blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be interesting if the Flyers-Habs have a playoff showdown (though I was banking on the Rags but they're not cooperating). I say PARTY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbi, there are already way too many Habs blogs out there. The world doesn't need another one.

    As a Flyers fan and season ticket holder, I will continue to blog about the Flyers.

    Since it's a free country, I will continue to blog, and you can continue to not read it. Everybody wins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so NOW you tell me that the world doesn't need another Habs blog...I guess I'll just have to turn mine into a "Wow, I can't believe that the Sens just missed a whole open net. Again." blog or a "I love Ovie and the Caps despite a stupid loss tonight" blog.... *nods*

    Oh and...there's really nothing ridiculous about dumping the Flyers for the Habs. Really. Not that I think you actually dumped the Flyers... you're just going through a little time where you're "just friends" right now. I'm sure the Flyers will win you back one day. And if not, the Habs could always use another intelligent fan *g*

    ReplyDelete
  5. EP, your blog helped to reach the Habs blog quota. After yours, there was no more room.

    Wait, you're going to blog about other teams?!? Not allowed!!! You're not a real fan! ;)

    And that's it, the Flyers and I are "just friends" right now. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete