Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Seriously, this cold is kicking my ass and the Flyers and Habs aren't helping...


Ooof. Man oh man. I am seriously the wussiest sick person ever. All I can do is sleep. I'm trying to conserve energy so I will have enough ooomph for my visit to Montreal.

Anyhow, there were two games last night. Flyers lost after blowing a 2-0 lead. Habs kept giving me false hope by tying it up but ended up losing in the shootout. I didn't get to see the Habs game because the controller of the TV is a Flyers fan and both games were on at the same time. You do the math.

Today is my last day at work, and then VACATION! Wooo! Ten days off, 5 of them in Montreal. I'll be posting from my iPhone while on the road, so check here for what I'm sure will be very boring updates and pictures of upstate New York rest areas. Nice. Cutting edge over here.

On a Habs related note, I am looking for someone to be on standby for a Habs ticket for Saturday's game. My friend is driving up on Saturday, and on the off chance that she miscalculates how long it takes her to get to Montreal, I'd like the ticket not to go to waste. If you're interested and don't mind knowing until the last minute if you're going or not, hit me up in the comments or in the email in my profile. They're good seats. Not quite as good as the seat I had for the Habs game at the Wachovia Center, but close. You know me, I don't mess around when it comes to tickets.

7 comments:

  1. Nothing like being sick and watching your teams stink.... I know exactly how you feel. Sucks a lot...and I hate shootouts a lot... Everyone was beating up on Pricey because he let in all three goals on the shootout but it wasn't his fault necessarily that they lost the game over all. And AK46 really shouldn't have gone high on his stupid shot at the beginning of the shootout.... =/ They need to stop allowing so many darn shots during the game....

    Anyway...if you're looking for someone to potentially nab a seat, you can always give me a shout *nods* Seriously though, I hope your friend makes it. Leafs/Habs games are fun as long as the Leafs don't embarrass the Habs.... x_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, feel better! It seems like this flu/cold monstrosity has jumped right from all the NHLers to the bloggers...blah.

    And oh how I wish I could be your standby seat-filler, you have no idea. If I had ANY way of getting up to Montreal I'd gladly put aside our Flyers-Caps feudette and drool over Kovy with you :) Have so much fun, though! Montreal is absolutely one of my favorite cities of all time...did I mention how horribly jealous I was?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken soup! Chicken soup! Chicken soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know what 31? Chicken soup is usually the first thing I do, and that usually stops it. I didn't have any in the cupboard this time around, and look what happened. You are so right...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mix a can of consommé, some super thin egg noodles, and japanese chili spices. And drink ginger ale. (Or if I'm at work I go buy myself a bowl of spicy tempura udon soup at Momo Yama in the food court under the Simon's store). Prevents and cures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spicy food works every time for me... And oddly enough so does a disgusting mixture of raw ginger and honey..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're fully recovered for your trip to Montreal and that you have a terrific time. It's really not hard to have fun in Montreal.

    Habs vs Leafs games are always a blast - first game I saw at the Bell Center the Habs won 6-5 against the Leafs and the atmosphere was absolutely insane!

    Unfortunately (for me!) I live too far away from Montreal to be a last minute call-up candidate for your potentially spare ticket. I sure hope it doesn't go to waste though, that would be a shame!

    ReplyDelete