Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dear Habs,

I feel bad for you, I really do. Something is just not working, or everything is just not working, and it shows. You don't want to play anymore, and it shows. You're tired, you're bored, you're frustrated...and it shows. It's almost over. Only 10 more games and then you can get on with your lives.

You played a good five minutes tonight, and with a little luck you could have tied it up. You were really close to scoring....I know, because I was right there behind the goal and had a good look at some of those chances. It just wasn't meant to be.

I enjoyed being in your house tonight, and I feel bad that your super passionate fans had to boo you off the ice. But it had to be done. Being booed off the ice with 6 minutes left has to hurt. Sure, we boo the Flyers off the ice, but not usually until the last 90 seconds or so.

I don't know what else to say...I'm just sad for you...

Love, Kristin

P.S. Is it just me, or did Kovalev only have like 5 shifts tonight?

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to witness that crap tonight. I felt so bad for you. That must have been just... brutal....=( I hope you enjoy the rest of your time here though. Our city does have other stuff to offer besides a crappy hockey team....Really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty brutal.

    I am still loving your city though. I'm excited that there is a parade tomorrow, I think I might run up and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for you about Saturday night. I turned off the game after they made it 3-0... I just knew they didn't have what it takes to come back. Not at this point.

    As for Kovalev, he has a tendency to become absolutely invisible for long periods of time. He probably had many shifts (he has 18:02 TOI) but he rarely has any impact these days...

    To echo EP, I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay. At least you're getting awesome weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, when I got back to the hotel, I checked his TOI and was amazed to see he had 18:02! As someone who tends to focus on him, I was shocked that I didn't notice him more. Invisible is the right word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww. Do you think it is a coincidence that the Flyers are doing good now that you have started following the Habs instead and now they probably won't make the playoffs! ;-) Maybe you should become a Penguins fan next! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve, I have noticed a connection between the Habs' terrible play and my watching them. My first full season as a Flyers fan was the season that shall not be named, and look what happened there. I'm beginning to think I am a jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe by stating the fact that you are a jinx, you will break the curse.
    Watch the Habs go on a roll with a 9-1 record for the rest of the season. Just watch.

    ReplyDelete